“Agape provides critical housing and life skills that empower single women and their children to transform from homelessness, crisis and poverty to self-sustaining, fulfilling lives.”
- Develop a community continuum of care with like-minded social agencies, property owners, municipalities & faith groups to end the disproportionate impact of homelessness & poverty on women & children.
- Serve children and youth to break poverty cycle
- Support families in crisis and facilitate permanent change for all
- Safe, stable, affordable housing is effectively non-existent in Plano & Collin County
- There are no emergency shelters & less than 300 transitional beds, all of which are chronically full.
- About 3,000 single women & children were turned away from Collin County shelters & housing agencies EACH YEAR between 2012 – 2016.
- PISD children identified as homeless has increased nearly five-fold (>500 in 2016 vs 115 in 2009).
There are numerous and creative ways to help Agape fight homelessness! Visit the Agape Wishlist page to see how you can help.